At Guru Nanak Dev Public school we always try to provide best & advance curriculum facilities to our student
Camu for Schools
- Camu mobile app makes it easy to Take attendance, Enter exam marks, Assign homework and update Teaching plans – complete classroom administration using a mobile device. Camu provides a complete Mobile Device Management as an additional feature including the tablet devices for teachers
- Track the teaching progress, student performance, attendance and homework performance in a dashboard
- Set personalised goals for each student. Continuously track goals with performance and feedback to the parents
- Student fee collections, payments in your finger tip on the Camu mobile app
- Parents have access to the Student’s Digital Record in their MyCamu mobile app. Attendance, Homework, Teaching Plans & Content, Messages, Examination Schedules, Report cards, Feedback, Billing and more..
- Communication thru SMS, EMail and App messages. A no. of ‘automated’ messages for absence, billing reminders, assignments, late assignment submissions etc.. are available.
- GPS based bus tracking, vehicle management for schools including tripsheets and service reminders. Live bus tracking for the parents, alerts based on bus proximity etc.
CAMU APP: Camu is the most intuitive and Comprehensive
Campus Management Solution
To promote digital India in our school, we have adopted a software called CAMU. The important features of this app is given below.
Intuitive Marketing module which can identify the source of enquiries and the conversion to Admissions. Create follow up plans and track the enquiries through a dashboard on the Camu mobile app.
Complete control on the pre-admissions, entrance tests, and admissions process
Go paperless with the Learning process – Course registration, Timetabling, Assignments, Online Assessments and Examination Grading
Automatic generation of bills based on course registration. Billing and payment history available in the student’s mobile app with the ability to pay online
The School has a computer laboratory with 25 computers accessible to students. It has advanced infrastructure in terms of hardware and software which cater to the requirements of the students, teachers and the curriculum. The school is equipped with a dedicated broadband Internet connection for enterprising students get a chance to be familiar with the Internet. They do comprehensive research for their projects and presentations.
The department has qualified committed teachers to teach different classes at Primary and Secondary level. The faculty members make continuous efforts to see that the students must get expertise in practical implementation of tools they have in their curriculum.
The Information Technology curriculum has been planned in such a way that the students of classes II to VIII will get exposure to various technologies and softwares. In the primary section, the students are trained to use basic softwares like Windows, MS-Office (Ms-Word, MS-Powerpoint, Ms-Excel etc.). The students are assessed on their practical skills over a regular time interval via projects and assignments given to them. The faculty members work hard with the students to bring them up to the level of expectation to compete with the students all over the country.
SCIENCE LAB AT GNDPS
It is imperative for schools to have the latest and high quality science lab supplies these days. Science is different from any other subject. In order to understand its concepts, one has to look beyond the books and conventional classroom teaching. Effective teaching and learning of science involves seeing, handling, and manipulating real objects and materials. The knowledge that kids attain in classrooms would be ineffectual unless they actually observe the process and understand the relationship between action and reaction.
Effective teaching and learning of science involves a perpetual state of show and tell. Good schools combine classroom teaching with laboratory experiments to ensure that their students grasp each and every concept thoroughly. It is also believed that laboratory teaching and experiments that are being conducted there help encourage deep understanding in children. Children are able to retain the knowledge for longer when they see the experiments being performed in front of their eyes.
Science lab equipment allows students to interact directly with the data gathered. They get a first-hand learning experience by performing various experiments on their own. Students are made to use the models and understand different scientific theories and concepts. It is also found that school science lab equipment and supplies make teaching and learning easy both for the teachers, as well as for the students. There are several scientific theories and concepts that are difficult to explain directly from the books. Anatomy models, physics science kits, and chemistry science kits for instance make it easy to understand the otherwise complex theories of science.
GNDPS has a chemistry lab which is one of its kind in this entire region. We also have a biology lab and Maths lab.
Scouts & Guides
The Scouts and Guides regime was introduced in GURU NANAK DEV PUBLIC SCHOOL in the year 1995, falling under the Bharat Scouts and Guides.
Scouting and Guiding is a Character Building Educational Movement i.e. it is an International movement that changes young mischievous lads into fine men, not just physically but in mind and soul too.
Cubs and Bulbuls activities are conducted for younger children. These children’s aim is to help others and make them happy. All activities are organized in group system. These children take the promise and do a good turn every day. They learn handicraft, clay modeling, First aid, compass, knots. Cubs / Bulbuls take part in Nature Ramble, camp, ceremonies, expedition
Definition: The Bharat Scouts and Guides is a voluntary, non-political, educational movement for young people, open to all without distinction of origin, Race or creed, in accordance with the purpose, principles and method conceived by the Founder Lord Baden Powell in 1907.
The various stages of advancement in the entire programme offered in scouting / Guiding are:-
Tests are held at every stage and a proficiency badge / certificate is earned to move to next level.
LIBRARY: A LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRE
The school Library provides information, inculcates ideas, and develops knowledge that is so essential to functioning successfully in today’s information and knowledge based society. It is fundamental to school library to equip students with life long learning skills and develop in them creative thinking and imagination, and enabling them to live as ideal and responsible citizens.
OBJECTIVES OF GNDPS LIBRARY:
The major objectives of our school library are to:
- Effectively participate in the teaching-learning programme of the school;
- Provide the students with appropriate library materials both printed as well as audio visual and services for the overall growth and development of the personality of the students as an individual;
- Develop reading ability and interest, and inculcate love, enjoyment and pleasure of reading amongst the students;
- Assist the students to become skillful and discriminating users of library;
- Offer opportunities for experiences in creating and using information for knowledge,
understanding, information and enjoyment;
- Support all students in learning and practicing skills for evaluating and using information,
- regardless of form, format or medium, including sensitivity to the modes of communication within the community;
- Stimulate and guide each student in the selection and use of books and other reading materials for the building of taste at appropriate level of maturity;
- Workout a programme in consultation with teachers for the effective use of all types of library materials;
National Cadet Corps (NCC)
With its motto of “Unity and Discipline”, the NCC has become instrumental in moulding character and imparting in our students, a dynamic outlook during their school education.
The mission and vision of our NCC wing is to create awareness among the student community regarding its importance towards nation building. Besides, an NCC cadet is presented with a plethora of job opportunities in reputed government and public sector concerns. NCC fine tunes the personality of a person in total and mentally equips him to face the various challenges he/she may encounter in his/her life.
Nearly 14 students from VIII to X std are enrolled in NCC and they have attended the camps at Bellary, Mysuru and other places. Our NCC cadets won many prizes in the competitions conducted during the camps.